MAR AUGUSTHINOSE COLLEGE: A CENTRE OF MULTIFACETED LEARNING: WITH MOORINGS IN SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY, ETHICS, MORALS, GENDER EQUALITY, AGRARIAN SAVVY AND COMPETENT PROFESSIONALISM
MAC, with a short yet brilliant history of 27 years, has pioneered quality initiatives promoting global citizens with world-class knowledge, national consciousness, global competencies, social responsibilities and humane values. The thrust area of building a transformative multifaceted learning ecosystem at MAC is primarily embedded in its vision of creating a “a centre of knowledge dissemination, fostering scientific temper coupled with professionalism by innovative and flexible learning through a plethora of curricular and extracurricular activities that promote knowledge blended with right skills, attitude and values for lifelong success and wholesome living”.
Centre of Multifaceted Learning:
- MAC features among the top 10 self-financing colleges under MG University, with a consistent record of high university results, average 90%, 100 university I, II, III ranks in 27 years and hundreds of students placed through recruitment.
- MAC is the first self-financing college to receive UGC 2(f) recognition with ISO 9001-2015 certification.
- The college offers 7 UG and 7 PG, most of them new gen programmes. It also offers 16 Value Added, 5 Add-on/Certificate and 4 PG Diploma programmes.
- The college has signed 18 MoUs with various organizations.
- Quality education nurturing academic excellence coupled with life skills for the personal and professional success of students are evidenced by our well-placed alumni
- The college bagged MG University Moses Award, Deepika Excellence Award twice, Desh Bandhu Award etc.
- Academic Clubs and Associations inculcate enthusiasm to develop innovative ideas, team building and leadership skills.
- Leveraging robust industry- academia linkages and MOUs, the institution explores frontiers beyond the curriculum to capture the emerging trends.
- National and international seminars, workshops and guest lectures on soft skills, emerging areas like artificial intelligence, ethical hacking, logistics, anti narcotic awareness, legal consciousness, women empowerment etc. by experts to enrich the learning experiences of students.
- Novian Hub, IIC, NISP, IEDC, Red Hat Academy and NSDC wings of the college promote innovative ambience and ethos in the campus like innovative, ideational and creative devices, gadgets and start ups.
- The college organized umpteen seminars, webinars, workshops etc. during the last 5 years to build up the academic competency of students in recent trends.
- The high academic performance of the college is evident in our alumni occupying coveted positions. They motivate our students through a number of programmes, especially the My Story Series. They have always been at the forefront in providing financial and moral support to all ventures of the college that focus students and society.
- The Paremamkkal Governador Research and Community Development Centre plays a crucial role in inculcating social responsibility, humanitarian values, sympathy and empathy with the marginalized. Several community out-reach programmes conducted by NSS, Blood Donors’ Forum, Women Cell, Home for the Homeless project, ED Club, IPR Cell, MGNRE, UBA and KILA serve as instruments in triggering an attitudinal change among students. Under the aegis of KILA, MSW dept. organized a number of community development programmes.
- Under UBA of MHRD, the college adopted 5 villages, conducted a socio-economic survey of the populace. It imparted Skill Development Training to the members of Kudumbasree under Naipunya Skill Development scheme.
- MGNCRE organized programmes like Ottakkala Koodeyundu and Athijeevanm during COVID.
- Blood Donors Club donated over 350 units of blood from 2017-22.
- Under Home for the Homeless project, the college, along with PTA and Alumni constructed 6 houses.
Morals and Ethics:
- Value-based education being its priority, MAC has gained reputation among parents and academia as the most trusted name for holistic development of students. Regular classes impart moral and ethical values. The Counseling centre functioning under a certified experienced Councellor rectifies the behavioural issues in students. IPR cell arranges classes on Intellectual Property Rights. A code of conduct both for the staff and students are maintained.
- Gender Equity is not only a fundamental right, but the foundation for a peaceful, prosperous and sustainable world. The college employs various measures to promote empowerment and upliftment of women.
- Women's Cell is established to create an active and all-round development of its women members. It provides a platform for sharing their experiences and perspectives. It regularly conducts gender-sensitive programmes.
- Anti-Ragging and Anti-Harassment Committee provides a safe academic and working environment for its female students and women employees. The cell has policies against sexual harassment and combating sexual harassment.
- Grievance Redress Cell to address issues related to gender.
- Membership in NSS is encouraged.
- Students’ Council; the post, Vice chair person is reserved for girls; two lady representatives are also elected. Nevertheless, girls are free to contest any post.
- Girls are free to be elected to the key posts of Clubs and Associations.. Participation of girl students at cultural events, sports and games; both at college and inter-college level is higher than boys. Gender Audit is a regular feature of the college.
- Maintaining professional competence allows individuals to continue learning throughout their career, to develop their technical skills, and to keep pace with changing innovations.
- The Career Development Cell conducts well-structured training programmes to make the students capable of competing with their counterparts anywhere.
- The Induction programme, SPARK, provides students with a savvy understanding of the ways of the world and job market.
- Placement Cell equips students to appear for interviews and recruitments through sessions on Personality grooming, GD and Interview skills.
- Various Fests and Exhibitions bestow platforms for students to exhibit their talents and prune their skills. Students at the helm of the clubs and associations pick up organizational and leadership skills through knitting students together.
- The mandatory MOOC on Organic Farming generates among the students the nostalgic feeling of an age that totally depended on agriculture and urges them to return to nature.
- The botanical garden, green house, biodiversity club, Lap to Land etc. in the college make the students attached to nature.
The distinguishing factor of Mar Augusthinose College is the holistic development of students with adequate training and skill enhancement strategies. Our enterprise is not merely producing Graduates and Post graduates but making them professionals to compete with their counterparts.